William E. Cross Foundation, Inc. Scholarship
This gift was given to honor Mr. William E. Cross who was the owner and operator of the Cider Barrel located in Gaithersburg. He retired from employment with the Navy Department and operated the family trailer park and Cider Barrel for many years. He was a very astute businessman and a true Entrepreneur. He would be pleased to have this scholarship fund available to individuals who plan to major in business and, hopefully, one day own and operate a business of their own.
1. Recipient shall be enrolled as a student at Frederick Community College.
2. Recipient must be enrolled in at least six (6) credits (considered a half-time credit load) at Frederick Community College.
3. Recipient must be enrolled in a business career field.
4. Recipient shall be determined to have financial need based upon the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form submitted to the Frederick Community College Office of Financial Aid or recipient shall be determined to have financial need based upon his or her disclosure in the scholarship application process or the scholarship is not need based.
5. Recipient will be required to write a thank you letter to the donor and deliver the letter to FCC Foundation, Inc. office within one month of notification of the award.