Each year, 20-25 Frederick County high school seniors are awarded the FCC Ambassador Scholarship for maintaining a 3.0 grade point average through grades 9-12. It is awarded only to students who choose to attend Frederick Community College the fall term following their graduation from high school. Ambassador Scholars are required to participate in the Ambassador Program while in attendance at FCC by serving as Ambassadors for the college. The Ambassador Program provides the student an opportunity to participate in leadership opportunities on campus. Each Ambassador is required to participate for a minimum of 15 hours per semester. Examples of opportunities may include performing college outreach and admissions functions, assisting at college events, serving on student panels and providing campus tours.
Full-time students will receive $500 for the fall semester, renewable for up to three additional semesters, and must maintain at least a 3.0 grade point average and serve required hours.
Full-time students will receive $500 for the spring semester, renewable for additional semesters, and must maintain at least a 3.0 grade point average and serve required hours.
- Qualifying students must be June graduates of a Frederick County high school and must enroll at FCC the fall semester following their June graduation.
- Scholarships will be awarded to qualified students based upon the date of receipt of transcripts and completed form.
- Recipients must have a 3.0 grade point average at the point of application and at the time of graduation from high school.
- Recipients must earn a minimum 3.0 grade point average (including passing any developmental coursework) at FCC.
- Ambassador Scholars will be required to complete at least 15 hours per semester as an Ambassador while attending FCC.
- Scholarships will be renewable for up to three additional semesters based upon grade point average and ambassador participation.
- Recipient must be comfortable in social situations interacting with students and parents.
Scholarships will be renewable for additional semesters based upon grade point average and ambassador participation.